Preventive Maintenance Software | PM Software
With any maintenance system preventive maintenance is a key component. This CMMS software training module covers two different ways to manage PM work.
- Preventative maintenance managed by work order screen.
- Preventive maintenance managed by the special calendar-based PM screen only available with this CMMS system.
NOTE: for the purposes of this training module "work orders" refer to work managed under the gray wrench icon. "PMs" refer to work managed under the gray oilcan icon. Actual preventive maintenance work may be managed under either or both of these screens.
Preventive Maintenance Managed as Work Orders
Preventative maintenance may be managed as a work order. This is accomplished best by using work order templates. Work order templates are "boiler-plate" copies of existing work orders that may be used to create new work orders with one simple triggering event.
Examples of triggering events are listed below:
- User manually creates new work order from template.
- Work order template is linked to a schedule.
- Work order template linked to user-defined meters.
Preventive Maintenance Managed Through the Exclusive PM Screen
This CMMS system has a separate screen that may be used to manage preventative maintenance work. This screen is accessed trough the gray oilcan icon. This screen differs from the work order template method in the following ways:
- PM tasks are created once under the PM configuration screen. Alternatively a new work order must be created for each task when using work order templates.
- PM tasks are recycled when closed by archiving the closure data, then updating the Start Date and Due Date on the original PM thereby creating a new instance of needed work without creating a completely new record.
- PMs under the gray oil can provide a list format. Work orders are generally one primary task/work order.
- PMs lend themselves more easily to bulk updating and closing.
For more information contact CMMS University to schedule a personalized online demonstration of the software's data input, reporting and analysis and reporting capabilities.
Preventive Maintenance Basics
- Are PMs are different from work orders?
- PM Update screen navigation
- Closing a preventive maintenance task
- Closing multiple PMs at one time.
- Changing the assignment of a PM
Preventive Maintenance Filtering and Reporting
- Basic filtering of PMs
- Printing PMs
- Multi-select printing
- Data grid display settings
Preventive Maintenance Options
- Assign a PM list to a different technician.
- Changing the PM list format.
- Embedding PMs into a work order.
- Linking spare parts to a PM list.
- Creating and saving custom grid filters.