The concepts covered in these CMMS training modules are used with any equipment maintenance software system, however all videos and examples use the MaintSmart CMMS solution. It is recommended that you download this software and use it for the purposes of CMMS University training.
Before beginning with your CMMS software training it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the basic navigation and screen organization of the sample CMMS software program provided for this use. The first three videos train on initial configuration and system configuration of program-wide settings such as the database connection. Additionally, role-based access control permissions provide a way for all personnel in your organization to use the software at a level appropriate to their role in the organization. As such, this important topic is addressed early in the CMMS training program.
The second set of videos cover several of the basics and provide a general understanding of the flow of this CMMS system using the work order and the preventative maintenance screens.
It is important to understand the CMMS configuration components of the system. Our CMMS training modules cover this important aspect of CMMS set-up. A successful CMMS implementation begins with good planning. Of course, planning must include all potential users of the software. Below several basic components of the configuration process are listed:
- Design the equipment hierarchy.
- Link to a live database.
- Enter company or organization information.
- Determine the need for multiple sites. Should separate site share data or be separated.
- Enters settings and choose appropriate options. To elaborate, settings refers to themes, display options and other program-wide settings.
- Organize users into appropriate groups and roles.
Design the Equipment Hierarchy
- Understand the capabilities of the CMMS equipment hierarchy.
- Examine other equipment hierarchy examples.
- Identify how you organization groups equipment.
- Establish your equipment hierarchy.
- NOTE: If not sure how to configure the equipment hierarchy contact [email protected] for a free personal consultation.
CMMS Training for System Set-Up
- Link to database.
- Enter company/organization name and location data.
- Determine workstation preferences and theme options.
- Choose appropriate Options and Settings (menus).
CMMS Software User Roles, Users
- Understand user groups (roles).
- Edit existing user groups as needed.
- Create users and add to user groups.
CMMS Training Quick Start Tour Part 1/3
- Choosing the Demo database.
- Logging in to the Demo database.
- Screen navigation.
- Basic data entry (work orders)
- Screen objects and how they work.
- Deleting a record.
- Printing a report (work order).
CMMS Training Quick Start Tour Part 2/3
- Duplicating a work order.
- Work order templates.
- Print preview and report exporting and emailing.
- Options menu.
CMMS Training Quick Start Tour Part 3/3
- Work orders vs. repetitive preventative maintenance.
- Closing PMs.
- Filtering PMs.
- Print preventative maintenance task list.
- Print Option, format and grid column settings.