Purchase Order Software
This CMMS software training website also includes purchase order software training. Although purchase order software capability isn't strictly a CMMS software capability, like work order management or preventative maintenance management, would be nonetheless many CMMS users expect to be able to manage their entire equipment maintenance system from one software application. The demonstration software system used by CMMS University provides a very flexible purchasing management system.
Below is a list of the various components of purchase order management available in the CMMS. Each of the below functions may be restricted to an individual user by granting the permission for the function. Alternatively any combination of these functions may be granted to any user as needed. The effect of this purchasing structure is that the purchasing process may be strictly regulated or be as simple as having one purchasing agent managing the entire process.
- Request for quote (RFQ).
- Purchase requisition.
- Purchase requisition line item approval.
- Release of a purchase order number.
- Receiving purchase items.
- Using purchased items.
- Invoice matching (email/call for instruction: +1-541-404-0616)
The purchasing process flows as follows (NOTE: all of these actions may be performed by different users or by one user.):
- Purchase requisition is submitted.
- Line items on the requisition are approved or not.
- Item(s) are release to a buyer for a purchase order number.
- Buyer release a P.O. number to the vendor.
- Items are received and stocked.
- Original requestor is optionally notified.
If further explanation is required contact CMMS University to schedule a personalized online demonstration of the software's analysis and reporting capabilities.
RFQ and Purchase Requisitions
- Create an RFQ.
- Convert an RFQ to a purchase requisition.
- Other ways to create a purchase requisition.
- printing and managing purchase requisitions.
Purchase Requisition Approval
- Approval permissions.
- Line item approval of requisition items.
- Releasing items to a purchase order.
Purchase Order Management
- Creating a purchase order directly.
- Adding items to a PO.
- Removing items from a PO.
- Removing received items from a PO.
- Receiving items on a purchase order.
- How receiving items affects inventory.
- Printing a purchase order.
- Purchase order options and shortcuts.